Monday, June 1, 2009

Mother




You brought me to this world
with a vocation in:
Love, passion and
Compassion.

Holding and nourishing me
In your gentle arms
Telling me the Cinderella Story
Giving me the love Cinderella* was deprived of,
and a Anestassia* never thought of.

You make sure
That I get the the pick of the bunch.
You think of my future
As a fantasy come true,
of which Bell** is surprised too.

You never asked for any thing
But my Happiness.
You never wanted anything
But my Success.

You are Sun.
You are the Moon.
You the Rain.
You are the train
that leads to the right station without delay.

You are the highest mountain,
You are the largest ocean,
You are the wishing pond,
You are the Phoenix song.
You are the Hope.

I thank you Mother
for the Castle of Love,
for the love Cinderella was denied,
for the the dream that Bell only dreamed,
for the strength of Mulan***.

Thank you Mother
for
Everything.



[*Cinderella is the heroine of the fairy tale 'Cinderella' and Anestassia was her step sister.
**Bell is the heroine of the fairy tale 'Beauty and the Beast'
***Mulan is the heroine of the fairy tale 'Mulan'.]

4 comments:

Miss Sunshine said...

aww, how pretty :D
i loved!! <3
it was so beautiful..especially.. "you're the sun, moon, rain.."

Anonymous said...

hey...nice.i wish i can write like dis!!

Opaque said...

This is decently good! However, I personally felt the "train" analogy was force-inducted to satisfy the rhyming scheme. Umm, not a wise move. I like the feel of this poem. But, remember, never to compromise it for the rhyming pattern. There will be people who will advise the exact opposite of what I've written. Alas,it is up to you. Good luck!

Princess Caspian said...

Well, actually it did not come out to 'force induce any rhyming scheme...the truth is I know I suck at rhymes...
well it came out of the 'bollywood' train concept for me...and it does sound lame now that you mention it...