Monday, June 22, 2009

Solving the Past



The feeling that I dread the most is:
Loneliness.
The very thought of it makes me feel
Alone.

All this while
I kept questioning.
Why do people I love
cast me out of their life?
To this there is NO answer.

And when recently I lost another person,
I thought, why am I not feeling the loss?
Probably I saw it coming.
Probably I myself allowed it to happen.
Probably the person was NOT mine,
thus how could I loose him/her?
It is hard to let go somebody you love.
But I realised probably neither of us could ever be happy
if we stayed together.

This feeling of loosing did not fall on me like a bomb.
It was more like dusk.
I knew it was going to happen,
I knew I could not prevent it,
I knew it is the right thing.....because
I realised that person never reciprocated my feelings.
And when I turn to my past
I understand I myself never really felt the way I thought I felt!
That was complicated.
Another thing, the feeling was not complicated.
It was I who made the whole situation so complicated.

No. I am not talking about any boyfriend.
I lost a Best Friend.
Whom 'I' thought was my Best Friend,
but finally realized it was NEVER so.

For the first time I am not sad for such a thing.
Know why?
Because I, myself never thought she/he was my Best Friend.
Deep down in my heart I knew this relationship is fake,
but was afraid of acknowledging the truth.
And today I have the naked truth dancing in front of my eyes!

I still talk to her
but
not the same way.
The bogus feeling still exists.
No we are not friends any more....
We are just...
someone....







4 comments:

Miss Sunshine said...

dude.
hmm. Is this about me?
:|

Princess Caspian said...

NO WAY!
huh...how in hell can you place yourself in it?
:O

Anonymous said...

good thought. but your best work till date is your blog about your pet dat is chilli the billi.keep it up.

Opaque said...

Oh, I thought I had commented for this one. This is heartfelt!